Essentials on using Malayalam Unicode
To Read Malayalam Unicode in Windows with Internet Explorer:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows
- Right click on Start and left click on Explore to get Windows Explorer.
- Go to My Computer, Local Disk (C:), WINDOWS, Fonts. If you see AnjaliOldLipi there right click on that file and select Delete. Click 'Yes' for the question "Are you sure you want to delete these fonts?"
- Open Internet Explorer and go to
http://varamozhi.sourceforge.net/fonts. Right click on AnjaliOldLipi.ttf and select 'Save Target As'
- Save the file in Desktop
- In the Windows Explorer go to Desktop. Right click on AnjaliOldLipi.ttf and select 'Copy'.
- In the Windows Explorer itself go to My Computer, Local Disk (C:), Windows, Fonts folder. Right click and select paste.
- Click Start, Control Panel
- Double click on Internet Options, click on Fonts and Select Language Script Malayalam. Then select Web page font as AnjaliOldLipi.
- Press OK and OK.
To Write Malayalam Unicode, you have two choices: