Sending Varamozhi documents
If you and the recepient has Unicode setup, then export the document to Unicode from File menu. Internet Explorer(IE) will open with the exported content in Unicode. Copy the text from IE to your mail application and continue as if you have English text.
If you can't go via Unicode route, choose one of the following options:
Export the document to HTML using File menu. Internet Explorer(IE) will open with the exported content in varamozhi-exported-tmp.html. Now there are different methods one could adopt:
- Send this HTML document itself, if the person has the Malayalam font.
- Send this HTML document and the font used. Ask the receiving person to install the font before opening the document.
- Open this HTML document in MSWord. Save As .doc document with Embed TrueType fonts checked in the Options of 'Save As'. Don't check the 'Embed only the characters used'. Send this MSWord document.
- Redirect your printer to a PDF file as described here. This is my prefered method if the recepient does not have a Malayalam font.
- Send as an image. Export to TIFF file using 'save as MDI' option in Office2003. Otherwise capture tools like Mr. Capture could be used. Last option would be use print screen (alt+Print screen) key and paste&crop that in any image editing tools like Gimp.