Reporting a problem
When you see a problem with Varamozhi Editor please join Varamozhi mailing list and send a mail to the group. If that is tedious, you could send me a mail to yahoo.com mail id cibu. In that mail include following:
- Version of Varamozhi Editor. That is available by clicking Help and then About.
- If the version is not the latest, uninstall the current version thru Start -> Control Panel -> Add /Remove Programs. Also, remove the C:\Program Files\Varamozhi Editor. Also, remove the configuration file varamozhi-config.pl residing in system temporary directory. System temporary directory is typically C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Temp. Then download and install the latest version.
- Version and type of the OS (Windows XP, Windows 98, Linux etc)
- If a key sequence create some problem, please copy that in the mail.
- Always there is an extra debug window pop up when Varamozhi Editor is invoked. Please look at that window to see whether there is any messages. If yes, copy that also.
- If the debug window gets closed fast, do start->run and type cmd and enter. Right click on Varamozhi desktop icon and change directory in cmd console to the 'Start in' specified. Then type and enter the Target value to invoke the editor. Copy the errors displayed.
- If you could send me some screenshots of the problem that will be great. You can get screen shots by pressing Alt-PrintScrn and pasting it to Microsoft Word or a photo editing software like Gimp.