Installing font specific add-on
Varamozhi and Varamozhi Font add-ons are seperate downloadables for versions 1.3.1 and above. Varamozhi binary only contains one ASCII malayalam font to type in malayalam and one unicode font to convert unicode to manglish. This is, in part, to promote unicode among varamozhi users. By design varamozhi provides malayalam ASCII font matweb (mathrubhumi) and AnjaliOldLipi as unicode font. In case if you need any other font to edit in a specific font of your choice or convert a pre-existing document in one font to another, you can download a font add-on download which contains other 14 fonts conversion rules as a zipped file. Here are the instructions:
- Click here for download. Click on the filename VaramozhiEditorFontAddons....zip.gz. Click on a convenient the Download link on the right side. Wait for 15 seconds and the download will start.
- Expand the VaramozhiEditorFontAddons.zip.gz file in WinZip or some other archival tool
- Expand the VaramozhiEditorFontAddons.zip file inside by double clicking on it
- Extract all the .exe files to bin directory under varamozhi installation. Typically C:\Program Files\Varamozhi Editor\bin
- (Optional) Remove from the C:\Program Files\Varamozhi Editor\bin directory, malvi*.exe & lamvi*.exe files corresponding to the fonts you don't need. This will save some disk memory and will give a cleaner look for Font menu.
- Restart Varamozhi Editor. It will auto detect all those font specific addons.